The Press Preview at the Fragments Showroom Gives Editors a Visual Treat and Access to Amazing Jewels
The annual Fragments Press Breakfast is always a great event — a lovely breakfast with lovely folks looking at lovely jewels. What a better way to start a day.
Fragments showroom began 28 years ago out of a love for jewelry and a passion for jewelry designers. Janet Goldman has been finding new designers and bringing them to a very wide roster of boutiques, department stores and other stores. She has been their cheerleader, their mother bear and their friend for nearly 3 decades.
And it’s been our delight to share in her pride and her passion for jewelry.
The Press Event is the chance for the publicity team, led by the fantastic Danielle Gadi (wish I had a photo of her) to show off the dozens of designers to dozens of editors, bloggers and writers of all kinds.
Tips for designers who don’t have the support of a showroom:
1. build a great press list
2. invite editors with a save-the-date email, then an invitation email, then follow up calls to the most important editors
3. host your event for several hours to give them the chance to fit it into their schedule
4. offer to send a car for those that might have trouble getting to you
5. make sure you have a great goody bag to give (you might even mention it on the invitation, to boot)
6. have help on hand so that there’s enough staff for when several editors show up at once
7. offer images to the editors in both high-res (for print) and low-res (for blogs)
8. follow up with everyone that came; thank them for coming and see if they need anything further
9. take photos and use them for your blog and FB page — promote the fun had by all
10. listen to what they liked, pay attention to what they shot with their phones, note the items that didn’t get any attention — this kind of feedback is invaluable for your merchandising. PAY ATTENTION!
Here’s what I saw :